Skip to main content

Twelve Months

My Beautiful Daughter,


How is it that I have held you in my arms for one whole year? How is it that we only have a year full of memories and yet it feels like I have loved you forever? You have shaped me in more ways than you will ever know. You have allowed me to love myself in such a different way. You have taken my flaws and made them into lessons, you have taken my successes and made them your successes. You are everything I ever dreamed of and so much more.


The best title I have ever held is Mama, and the best voice to ever say it is yours.


This month has been filled with a bitter sweet moments. As we planned your first birthday and made sure everything was absolutely perfect I was also filled with such sadness that the days of having a baby were numbered. You learned to free stand this month but did not walk yet. You said "dada" which of course your dada loved so very much and practiced countless other noises and squeals that will someday makeup your words. We celebrated Halloween four different times and you loved being a princess, which warmed mamas heart. We celebrated my birthday and attended your first basketball game. This month was busy, but every moment with you is so perfect!
I love you Eloise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Remembering November

Well, hello there November, and yes I am aware that it is November 3rd and well I should have written this three days ago, but anyway  November has always been one of my absolute favorite months, for well the obvious, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, and MY BIRTHDAY! Which is in two days, I'm like V for Vendetta REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. All of these awesome things are reasons to absolutely adore November, however two years ago November also developed a very different feeling.  November 10th will mark the two year anniversary since Kaleb's accident. And though I will always love November I now have a heavy heart as we fast approach that day. It is as though every birthday will in some odd way be a reminder of my 21st which is what I was celebrating when I received the phone call that forever changed our lives. Every Thanksgiving as joyous and wonderful as it will be will also remind me of the saddes...

It's a Family Tradition

"Traditions are behaviors and actions that you engage in again and again – regular rituals that you perform at the same time and/or in the same way. Traditions can be big or small, but they differ from routines and habits in that they are done with a specific  purpose  in mind and require  thought  and  intentionality . Meg Cox, the author of  The Book of New Family Traditions , defines family ritual as “any activity you purposefully repeat together as a family that includes  heightened attentiveness  and  something extra that lifts it above the ordinary ruts .” Traditions, when done right, lend a certain magic, spirit, and texture to our everyday lives." Brett and Kate McKay As we approach the wonderful holiday season my heart begins to journey  back to childhood memories and the family traditions that make those memories so perfect. I come from a large family filled with lots of cousins, tons of laughter, and of course many tradit...