Skip to main content

Rambles: Finances.

Luke 16:10 ESV / 269 helpful votes





“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much."









I will be the first to admit that I am a bit obsessed with our finances. I guarantee that I ask Kaleb what our balance is a minimum of, Oh I don't know 75x a week, give or take. I am in a constant state of worry that some day it will all just dry up, and we will be left with nothing. Now don't get me wrong I absolutely have no problem with spending our money either, and not always on the wisest of things. I love being able to treat our friends to lunch, or buy little gifts here and there. I am not one to shy away from a Starbucks coffee on a long day, and I will always justify a new purse. We are not at a point in our lives where I should stress about our finances, but that's just who I am.  











The other day when I was panicking about money I was reminded of something very very very important, I wasn't tithing off the top. I have not been dedicated to my tithes since we moved to Denver. I wasn't mailing my tithe down to my church home in Albuquerque, and up here we weren't actively going to a church that I felt involved enough in to tithe to. A few months ago we began our journey at Restoration Community Church, and immediately felt that this should be our church home. It was honestly the very next Sunday that God started pulling on my heart strings to give our tithe to this church. In these moments to come as I was wagering with God on whether or not we could afford to tithe at this moment in time I was reminded of the verse about. I was reminded that we were called to tithe, and not just to tithe whatever is left at the end of the day but off the top. We should be able to trust God so much with our finances that we have no problem giving money to him. 

I know that The Lord is going to provide for us, it may not be in plethora, but he is not going to leave us for dead. He has promised his children that he will not abandoned us, so why should I be obsessed with something that isn't even ours to begin with. 

Well that was my little ramble for the day. 

XOXO, 
B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Family Tradition

"Traditions are behaviors and actions that you engage in again and again – regular rituals that you perform at the same time and/or in the same way. Traditions can be big or small, but they differ from routines and habits in that they are done with a specific  purpose  in mind and require  thought  and  intentionality . Meg Cox, the author of  The Book of New Family Traditions , defines family ritual as “any activity you purposefully repeat together as a family that includes  heightened attentiveness  and  something extra that lifts it above the ordinary ruts .” Traditions, when done right, lend a certain magic, spirit, and texture to our everyday lives." Brett and Kate McKay As we approach the wonderful holiday season my heart begins to journey  back to childhood memories and the family traditions that make those memories so perfect. I come from a large family filled with lots of cousins, tons of laughter, and of course many tradit...

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Remembering November

Well, hello there November, and yes I am aware that it is November 3rd and well I should have written this three days ago, but anyway  November has always been one of my absolute favorite months, for well the obvious, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, and MY BIRTHDAY! Which is in two days, I'm like V for Vendetta REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. All of these awesome things are reasons to absolutely adore November, however two years ago November also developed a very different feeling.  November 10th will mark the two year anniversary since Kaleb's accident. And though I will always love November I now have a heavy heart as we fast approach that day. It is as though every birthday will in some odd way be a reminder of my 21st which is what I was celebrating when I received the phone call that forever changed our lives. Every Thanksgiving as joyous and wonderful as it will be will also remind me of the saddes...