Skip to main content

It's Okay to Not Be Okay

How often do we go through life pretending that everything is great; we post only the best photos, we smile when we would rather cry, and we float through life faking it the best we can. We run into friends at church on Sunday mornings and chat about how wonderful we are and how great everything is, but we leave out the fact that all we could really use is a hug and a gentle reminder that it's perfectly okay to not be okay. In fact the crazy part of it all is it's perfectly normal to go through life with emotions, heck Jesus himself felt emotions. I'm sure we all remember when he got mad in the temple and flipped the table, well in that moment he wasn't okay.

As a new mom still adjusting to this wonderful world of motherhood I find myself not okay pretty often. I'm either exhausted because the baby didn't sleep or because the baby nursed all day, or I'm feeling a little lost trying to rediscover my role as Brittany, or I'm just a little anxious because life is a little stressful. All of which are completely normal feelings, feelings that we should bare with open hearts. Feelings that we should take to the Lord because he is there to give us rest. He is there to comfort us when it feels out of control. He designed us to not be okay so that we can rely on him and on those he put in our lives. He has designated people for us to find rest in and seek guidance through. He created the church not so we can just worship him but also so that we can be in fellowship together. So that we can bare each other's crosses and support each other in any way necessary.

Next time you walk into church and you realize your not okay wear it openly. Invite others to bare your cross with you and the lord will give you rest!

Isaiah 40:29 “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

To Everything There Is A Season

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 New International Version (NIV) A Time for Everything 3  There is a time   for everything,      and a season for every activity under the heavens: 2       a time to be born and a time to die,      a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3       a time to kill   and a time to heal,      a time to tear down and a time to build, 4       a time to weep and a time to laugh,      a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5       a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,      a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6       a time to search and a time to give up,      a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7       a time to tear and a time to mend,      a time to be silent  an...

Rambles: Picking Up The Pieces

So often I see these families who are in the eye of the storm. Their hearts are hurting, they don't know what lies before them. They are having to learn a whole new language. A language where your back is referred to in the form of C's, T's, and L's. A language where transfers, spasms, and returns are used in every other sentence. They are having to take shelter in a building that throws the storm at you on a daily basis. They are having to live with strangers surrounding them at all times. They are scared and alone, and yet never actually alone.  For those of you who don't know, the name of this storm is called SCI, and it stands for Spinal Cord Injury. The location of this storm is Englewood, Colorado, more specifically Craig Hospital. Our lives were hit with this storm in November of 2012 when my now husband shattered his C6 - T1.  Our whole world stopped in that moment, when we had no other solution than to take shelter in Denver, Colorado. We left ev...