Skip to main content

Eleven Months





Hello Eloise Jeanne, 

Can you believe it, you are eleven months old. This month was different than the others because I knew exactly what we were doing a year ago. I remember celebrating you with our church family back home, I remember making the long drive to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta and celebrating you at Aunt Becca's shower. I remember feeling as though I couldn't get any bigger and then I did. I remember counting each of your kicks to make sure you were growing just right. You were my best friend long before I met you and you captured my wold long before the world greeted you. 






This month you seemed to truly embrace that crazy toddler side and nothing can stop our speed crawler. You know exactly where the dog food is and love to play in Chuck's water, chuck does not find it quite as amusing. You are love to smile, you are constantly smiling and waving at anyone and everyone. You figured out how to wave, the sweet little precious wave where you wave at yourself. It is my favorite. You absolutely love to be outside, whether it is playing in the front yard watching the neighbor kids or going on beautiful Colorado hikes, you love it all. In true Colorado native fashion you also love the snow and had so much fun playing in it. I loved watching you actually enjoy it, especially compared to last spring when you had absolutely no idea what was going on. You tried so many different foods this month; from eggs to pureed meats and everything in between. You don't always love all the different foods, but you always put on a sweet fake smile. You have the sweet soul Eloise Jeanne. 










Fall is my most favorite time of year and experiencing it with you only made it better. My favorite quote by an enchanting author states "Life starts over again when it gets crisp in the fall." Lucky for us life does not actually start over again, but the fall does bring a wonderful feeling of renewal and beauty. We began our fall adventure by driving up to Estes to look at the leaves changing and embrace the wonderful crispness that was offered. The next weekend mama did the scariest thing she has ever done, she left you as she went on a reunion trip with some of her life long friends. I cried constantly but you did great! You had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa and daddy. You also attended your very first ever Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, and it was everything I hoped it would be. You loved the balloons, you were captivated by the stages of the balloon inflating. You were in awe of the colors and majesty around you. You loved collecting cards and looked so very proud. You made my mama heart explode. 


Eloise you are so enchanting. 

I'll love you forever, 

Mama




Eloise's Growth Chart
  • October 19th, Eleven Months
    • 14 lbs 8 oz, 27 inches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Family Tradition

"Traditions are behaviors and actions that you engage in again and again – regular rituals that you perform at the same time and/or in the same way. Traditions can be big or small, but they differ from routines and habits in that they are done with a specific  purpose  in mind and require  thought  and  intentionality . Meg Cox, the author of  The Book of New Family Traditions , defines family ritual as “any activity you purposefully repeat together as a family that includes  heightened attentiveness  and  something extra that lifts it above the ordinary ruts .” Traditions, when done right, lend a certain magic, spirit, and texture to our everyday lives." Brett and Kate McKay As we approach the wonderful holiday season my heart begins to journey  back to childhood memories and the family traditions that make those memories so perfect. I come from a large family filled with lots of cousins, tons of laughter, and of course many tradit...

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Remembering November

Well, hello there November, and yes I am aware that it is November 3rd and well I should have written this three days ago, but anyway  November has always been one of my absolute favorite months, for well the obvious, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, and MY BIRTHDAY! Which is in two days, I'm like V for Vendetta REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. All of these awesome things are reasons to absolutely adore November, however two years ago November also developed a very different feeling.  November 10th will mark the two year anniversary since Kaleb's accident. And though I will always love November I now have a heavy heart as we fast approach that day. It is as though every birthday will in some odd way be a reminder of my 21st which is what I was celebrating when I received the phone call that forever changed our lives. Every Thanksgiving as joyous and wonderful as it will be will also remind me of the saddes...