Skip to main content

Seven Months









My Sweet Maggoo, 

How is it that we are on the backside of your first year? It seems like yesterday we were sitting in anticipation of meeting your tiny little soul and yet here we are seven months in. I think back to the day you were born after  days of labor and how though we were exhausted we could not sleep. I didn't want to close my eyes for a second in fear of missing something you would do. I could stare at you in awe that thing I prayed so desperately for was laying on my chest in the shape of the most perfect little girl. Seven months later I still hold you on my chest or sit and watch you sleep in awe that you are real. It is as though I am living in a dream where all my hopes and prayers have come true. Seeing you discover new things, accomplish milestones, and become you is just perfect. You have the best little personality and this month it has began to shine through. You are no longer my sweet tiny cuddly baby, but this little baby who is ready to go! You want to do things, reach things, accomplish things. You are strong willed and my little Maggoo you are going to accomplish such wonderful things. 





Month seven was again a busy month but a month filled with so many fun moments! We introduced you to eating and you love food. Every bite you take whether you like it or not you smile. I think my favorite moments when you are eating is when you do not like something, you are so sweet and try so hard to force a smile and eventually learn to enjoy it; except squash, you do not enjoy squash. You also mastered sitting! You are so proud every time I prop you up and never want to lay back down. You try to scoot yourself forward, but have not yet figured that out. You love to call Chuck by hitting your leg and looking at him, he hasn't figured out that you are calling him but I am sure that day will come. You haven't learned how to crawl yet but you have learned to roll yourself to whatever you want, which makes leaving you on your tummy time mat difficult. It is a matter of time until you are on the go, so for now I will enjoy the little rolls and the smily little girl I have. 





We celebrated your and Daddy's first father's day this month and it was perfect. As I excited I was to be your mom I could not wait to see your dad  be your daddy. He loved you so much when you were in my tummy and you  had him wrapped around his finger from the day you entered the world. You are his pride and joy and he is your best friend, watching your relationship develop and grow has been such a treat for me. Being able to celebrate him this month was so perfect and we celebrated in the most perfect way.We went up to Wyoming to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa and drive those beautiful Wyoming mountains, it was wonderful. 








As list of first go we hit a few more. We went to the zoo for the first time, you slept through it. You went to your first Colorado Rapids game, you ate a yellow card. You went to your first national park as we drove through the Rocky Mountain National Park, you slept. We celebrated our first anniversary with you, now that was a treat! We took your six month photos, which mommy is absolutely captivated by.












 Every month is filled with such wonderful memories and we have you to thank! You have made us slow down and enjoy the time we have together, because time is moving way to fast! 

I love you my sweet Maggoo! 

Eloise's Growth Chart
  • June 19th, seven months
    • 12 lbs 4 oz, 25 1/4 inches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Family Tradition

"Traditions are behaviors and actions that you engage in again and again – regular rituals that you perform at the same time and/or in the same way. Traditions can be big or small, but they differ from routines and habits in that they are done with a specific  purpose  in mind and require  thought  and  intentionality . Meg Cox, the author of  The Book of New Family Traditions , defines family ritual as “any activity you purposefully repeat together as a family that includes  heightened attentiveness  and  something extra that lifts it above the ordinary ruts .” Traditions, when done right, lend a certain magic, spirit, and texture to our everyday lives." Brett and Kate McKay As we approach the wonderful holiday season my heart begins to journey  back to childhood memories and the family traditions that make those memories so perfect. I come from a large family filled with lots of cousins, tons of laughter, and of course many tradit...

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Remembering November

Well, hello there November, and yes I am aware that it is November 3rd and well I should have written this three days ago, but anyway  November has always been one of my absolute favorite months, for well the obvious, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, and MY BIRTHDAY! Which is in two days, I'm like V for Vendetta REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. All of these awesome things are reasons to absolutely adore November, however two years ago November also developed a very different feeling.  November 10th will mark the two year anniversary since Kaleb's accident. And though I will always love November I now have a heavy heart as we fast approach that day. It is as though every birthday will in some odd way be a reminder of my 21st which is what I was celebrating when I received the phone call that forever changed our lives. Every Thanksgiving as joyous and wonderful as it will be will also remind me of the saddes...