Skip to main content

A Day in the Past

TimeHop... An app that I both love and hate. An app that allows me to see what silly things I have posted in the past on this day as long ago as I have been on social media! This app has allowed for me to see the transformation of Kaleb and I's relationship, the friends I have developed over the years, and the way may faith has grown. It is normally the thing that makes me giggle through out the day. 

Today there was a little less giggling as I reflected upon my TimeHop. Today the photo that popped up was of Kaleb and I standing together for the last time as two able bodied individuals.  Three years ago today we walked around the glorious city of New Orleans looking at engagement rings, while strolling hand in hand. We enjoyed a meal on the river, and took in the sounds of one of our favorite neighborhoods.  We went to a jazz concert off of bourbon with two of our favorite coasters. We wondered around bourbon street with several of Kaleb's dearist friends, and we ended the night with a piggy back ride home. It was a perfect day, and I will cherish it forever in my heart. 
The difference between reflecting upon this day today verse a year ago or even two years ago is the way I feel. Today though I miss piggy back rides, I get to ride around on his lap. Today though I miss walking hand in hand, I can push him and whisper sweet nothings in his ear.  This day in time will always be one of my favorites, but we will have many more memories to share and to adore.  
Xoxo, 
B

Comments

  1. Time Hop definitely brings back so many emotions. Even though your circumstances have changed, you both look very happy in both pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Remembering November

Well, hello there November, and yes I am aware that it is November 3rd and well I should have written this three days ago, but anyway  November has always been one of my absolute favorite months, for well the obvious, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, and MY BIRTHDAY! Which is in two days, I'm like V for Vendetta REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. All of these awesome things are reasons to absolutely adore November, however two years ago November also developed a very different feeling.  November 10th will mark the two year anniversary since Kaleb's accident. And though I will always love November I now have a heavy heart as we fast approach that day. It is as though every birthday will in some odd way be a reminder of my 21st which is what I was celebrating when I received the phone call that forever changed our lives. Every Thanksgiving as joyous and wonderful as it will be will also remind me of the saddes...

It's a Family Tradition

"Traditions are behaviors and actions that you engage in again and again – regular rituals that you perform at the same time and/or in the same way. Traditions can be big or small, but they differ from routines and habits in that they are done with a specific  purpose  in mind and require  thought  and  intentionality . Meg Cox, the author of  The Book of New Family Traditions , defines family ritual as “any activity you purposefully repeat together as a family that includes  heightened attentiveness  and  something extra that lifts it above the ordinary ruts .” Traditions, when done right, lend a certain magic, spirit, and texture to our everyday lives." Brett and Kate McKay As we approach the wonderful holiday season my heart begins to journey  back to childhood memories and the family traditions that make those memories so perfect. I come from a large family filled with lots of cousins, tons of laughter, and of course many tradit...