Skip to main content

To Everything There Is A Season

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

3 
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
9 What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
15 
Whatever is has already been,
    and what will be has been before;
    and God will call the past to account.[b]



To everything there is a season... just let that sink in. As I sat here this morning reading my SheReadsTruth bible study about dancing and mourning and how there are seasons in life that we much acknowledge I felt a since of acceptance, like the lord was saying you’re okay, I told you there would be seasons. For me seasons are a very physical thing, as fall sets in and the leaves begin to change my heart begins to get a little heavier. As we approach my birthday my throat develops a lump that will stay all the way through. As we finally reach the 10th of November I am thrown into an emotional time machine where I relive everything that happened on that fateful day and the days that follow.


I pray that someday my body will go through fall with the joy that it once had, but I praise the lord for allowing me to have these seasons in life. Through these seasons are very real growth and strength. There are reminders that though there is sorrow there are so many seasons of joy! Though this moment may be dark, there is always light. It also reminds me that I can’t get stuck in the season of darkness, as a Christian I can’t settle there. I must continue to move on, I must find those seasons of light. I can acknowledge the darkness and I can even question the darkness but I cannot forget the joy that he also provides me every day.

Seasons in life are guaranteed, just as guaranteed as the seasons we face every year as we transition from the heat of summer into the crispness of fall, and into the stillness that is winter. We know that every year we will face these seasons in the weather, so why do we question the Lord when we face seasons of emotions in this life? They are promised, they are to be expected. Some individuals may face more seasons of sorrow, but imagine what those seasons of sorrow are shaping you to be. Imagine how much stronger you will be at the end of it when you finally face the season of JOY. Today as I sit and write I am thankful for fall, because through fall I am reminded of my joy!


I love that we serve such a good good father who knows what we need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Rambles: Picking Up The Pieces

So often I see these families who are in the eye of the storm. Their hearts are hurting, they don't know what lies before them. They are having to learn a whole new language. A language where your back is referred to in the form of C's, T's, and L's. A language where transfers, spasms, and returns are used in every other sentence. They are having to take shelter in a building that throws the storm at you on a daily basis. They are having to live with strangers surrounding them at all times. They are scared and alone, and yet never actually alone.  For those of you who don't know, the name of this storm is called SCI, and it stands for Spinal Cord Injury. The location of this storm is Englewood, Colorado, more specifically Craig Hospital. Our lives were hit with this storm in November of 2012 when my now husband shattered his C6 - T1.  Our whole world stopped in that moment, when we had no other solution than to take shelter in Denver, Colorado. We left ev...