Skip to main content

Those Hospital Days

Those first few days in the hospital were honestly a dream. From having family in the waiting room patiently awaiting the arrival of our angel, to watching as our sweet little family grew to a family of four. They were spent with laughter and joy, as well as lots of Ellie snacks. They were spent with grandparent cuddles as well as great grandma dare I say kisses.


Those first few days were our first few days of us learning each other, though I had done this once before you my little had no idea what the big world held for you. We spent time practicing how to eat, and how to wake you to eat. We spent time learning that you hate being cold, five weeks later it still holds true. We spent time learning that our hearts could grow a thousand times over with the welcoming of you.

Though a lot of families I’m sure are ready to leave the hospital and jump right back into life, I was happy to stay. I was grateful for the extra night in the hospital and the extra time with just you. I was grateful for the nurses help both in nursing and in allowing me to heal. I was grateful for the laps we took in the hall, just you me and dad. I was grateful for the peace and newness the hospital brought.
Leaving meant joining the real world and popping our new baby bubble, something that had to happen, but I will forever cherish our first two days of life with you in the hospital.
















































Nola's Fresh 48 Session by Ashley Henry. 






























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

To Everything There Is A Season

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 New International Version (NIV) A Time for Everything 3  There is a time   for everything,      and a season for every activity under the heavens: 2       a time to be born and a time to die,      a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3       a time to kill   and a time to heal,      a time to tear down and a time to build, 4       a time to weep and a time to laugh,      a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5       a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,      a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6       a time to search and a time to give up,      a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7       a time to tear and a time to mend,      a time to be silent  an...

Rambles: Picking Up The Pieces

So often I see these families who are in the eye of the storm. Their hearts are hurting, they don't know what lies before them. They are having to learn a whole new language. A language where your back is referred to in the form of C's, T's, and L's. A language where transfers, spasms, and returns are used in every other sentence. They are having to take shelter in a building that throws the storm at you on a daily basis. They are having to live with strangers surrounding them at all times. They are scared and alone, and yet never actually alone.  For those of you who don't know, the name of this storm is called SCI, and it stands for Spinal Cord Injury. The location of this storm is Englewood, Colorado, more specifically Craig Hospital. Our lives were hit with this storm in November of 2012 when my now husband shattered his C6 - T1.  Our whole world stopped in that moment, when we had no other solution than to take shelter in Denver, Colorado. We left ev...