Skip to main content

Those Hospital Days

Those first few days in the hospital were honestly a dream. From having family in the waiting room patiently awaiting the arrival of our angel, to watching as our sweet little family grew to a family of four. They were spent with laughter and joy, as well as lots of Ellie snacks. They were spent with grandparent cuddles as well as great grandma dare I say kisses.


Those first few days were our first few days of us learning each other, though I had done this once before you my little had no idea what the big world held for you. We spent time practicing how to eat, and how to wake you to eat. We spent time learning that you hate being cold, five weeks later it still holds true. We spent time learning that our hearts could grow a thousand times over with the welcoming of you.

Though a lot of families I’m sure are ready to leave the hospital and jump right back into life, I was happy to stay. I was grateful for the extra night in the hospital and the extra time with just you. I was grateful for the nurses help both in nursing and in allowing me to heal. I was grateful for the laps we took in the hall, just you me and dad. I was grateful for the peace and newness the hospital brought.
Leaving meant joining the real world and popping our new baby bubble, something that had to happen, but I will forever cherish our first two days of life with you in the hospital.
















































Nola's Fresh 48 Session by Ashley Henry






























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste of Disney

Well,  we just returned from the most magical Disney Moon a girl could ever imagine! Every single bit of it was fit for a princess, and well of course it was because it is Disney. I have so much I want to share, and I want to be sure to capture every emotion that was experience this week. But for now I will leave you with this one photo.  Talk soon! XOXO, B

Top 10 Tips for Flying with an Infant

Last week we spent the entire week in Cincinnati for the national veterans wheelchair games, which was probably one of the most incredible experiences of my life, but we will save that for a different post. We met great people, had wonderful conversation, and took our sweet girl on her first airplane ride. Being the crazy mom that I am, I stressed about the plane ride for far to long and made way to many mental notes on how to survive it. I asked everyone who had ever flown with a child what to do and received some great advice. My goal is to break it down into the top 10 things you "need" in order to survive flying with a baby! 1. Plastic Bags are Your Friend Prior to heading out to the airport I separated Ellie's diaper back with gallon size baggies. I had all her diapers and wipes packed in one, toys in another, and food in it's own. It made fast diaper changes before take off a breeze, as well as finding snacks in the air. Everything had its place an

Three Months

Hello Little Lady,  You are a fourth of a way through the most incredible year. Your little personality is shinining through more and more every day and I love seeing you change. When you are home with Mom and Dad you are filled with coos, smiles, and squeaks yet when we are out you are quiet, peaceful, and observant. Your smile lights up the world, your squeaks are the sweetest sounds I have ever heard, and your cuddles, your cuddles prove to me that my arms were made to hold you forever. You were made for me and I was made for you.  The lord knit you together in my womb and kept you for nine wonderful months. He then trusted your Dad and me to fill your life with love, guidance from the lord, and wisdom that can only be found through him. For these reasons on February 4th 2017 at Harvest Bible Chapel we dedicated ourselves to seek the lord first and foremost in raising you. This was one of the most wonderful days that we have experienced with you. It was simple, five minu