Skip to main content

Dear Dusk Way


Dear Dusk Way, 

Thank you for the last three incredible years inside your walls. You will never know how much you meant to us. You were our first home, you were our first try at figuring out this adult stuff all on our own. Prior to you we had only lived in apartments with handy men there to fix anything that broke, prior to you there was fear of the unknown. You were the answers to our prayers, you were given to us in perfect timing. We closed on you April 6th, 2016 a mere seven days after finding out we were pregnant with our sweet Eloise Jeanne. I had pleaded with the lord to let us bring our baby home to a home, and his timing was perfect as we found you just days after our second failed cycle. 




Dusk Way, I remember walking your walls when we first toured you envisioning our children running through you. I remember seeing our neighbors play street hockey out the kitchen window knowing that I wanted to see our family playing out there too. I remember so vividly praying over you in the master bedroom, knowing that it was up to the lord to open or close this door. Obtaining you was no easy feat but every step of the way we could see the Lord opening his arms for us. The timing was so wonderful, our inspection being on the original day of Ellie's scheduled transfer,  our first appointment with accessible system being on the same day that we received our second beta test results. Looking back I know you were apart of the Lord's plan all along, as was our Ellie girl. As I read my original post, To The Family, I am reminded just how much I wanted you. 






Dusk Way, you hold my dearest memories. You were where we found out our Eloise was going to be in fact Eloise as we held her gender reveal on that beautiful July 2nd, 2016. You were where I folded tiny baby clothes for the first and second time. You were where I fell in love with my husband more and more as I watched him grow into fatherhood. You were where I found out on that unpredictable December 31st, 2018 that we would be growing by one more. You held laughter over holidays and welcomed guest into your walls countless times. You were a safe landing for cousins that needed a place to get back on their feet and comfort for grandparents while visiting. You were and are beautiful. 





Dusk Way,  you were also there for me as I laid in bed overcome with postpartum depression with my sweet Eloise. Your walls kept me safe while my body filled with rage and my mind was filled with sadness. You were there for me as my anxiety and depression led the way a second time with my beautiful Nola Marie. Your walls once again offering a place of peace, as my own thoughts raced with "what ifs" and "this could happen". On the nights that I laid awake to tired to do anything, but to wired to actually sleep, you were where I found my comfort. Our times were not always filled with rainbows and butterflies, but they were filled with growth and that is always good. 






As I sit here thinking about packing up the girls rooms and pulling away from that driveway one last time my eyes are filled with tears. It will never be easy to walk away from you Dusk Way, you changed us and shaped us, but I know your next family will love you just as much. 

Thank you Dusk Way, I will always love you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste of Disney

Well,  we just returned from the most magical Disney Moon a girl could ever imagine! Every single bit of it was fit for a princess, and well of course it was because it is Disney. I have so much I want to share, and I want to be sure to capture every emotion that was experience this week. But for now I will leave you with this one photo.  Talk soon! XOXO, B

Top 10 Tips for Flying with an Infant

Last week we spent the entire week in Cincinnati for the national veterans wheelchair games, which was probably one of the most incredible experiences of my life, but we will save that for a different post. We met great people, had wonderful conversation, and took our sweet girl on her first airplane ride. Being the crazy mom that I am, I stressed about the plane ride for far to long and made way to many mental notes on how to survive it. I asked everyone who had ever flown with a child what to do and received some great advice. My goal is to break it down into the top 10 things you "need" in order to survive flying with a baby! 1. Plastic Bags are Your Friend Prior to heading out to the airport I separated Ellie's diaper back with gallon size baggies. I had all her diapers and wipes packed in one, toys in another, and food in it's own. It made fast diaper changes before take off a breeze, as well as finding snacks in the air. Everything had its place an

Three Months

Hello Little Lady,  You are a fourth of a way through the most incredible year. Your little personality is shinining through more and more every day and I love seeing you change. When you are home with Mom and Dad you are filled with coos, smiles, and squeaks yet when we are out you are quiet, peaceful, and observant. Your smile lights up the world, your squeaks are the sweetest sounds I have ever heard, and your cuddles, your cuddles prove to me that my arms were made to hold you forever. You were made for me and I was made for you.  The lord knit you together in my womb and kept you for nine wonderful months. He then trusted your Dad and me to fill your life with love, guidance from the lord, and wisdom that can only be found through him. For these reasons on February 4th 2017 at Harvest Bible Chapel we dedicated ourselves to seek the lord first and foremost in raising you. This was one of the most wonderful days that we have experienced with you. It was simple, five minu