Skip to main content

2014 a Year in Review

As I sit here madly in love with 2015 already, I cannot help but long for the memories of 2014. 2014 brought me the best memories of my life, and as ready as I am to welcome a new year I would like to take a post to review the past. 

January, bridesmaid dress shopping with the most amazing women. 

February, deserves many photos! February I read our engagement announcement in the local newspaper, I watched a family embrace their standing son for the first time since November 2012, and we were able to take standing engament photos. 

March, between a visit from two of my besties, and my church bridal shower it was an incredible month. I picked out my viel, and celebrated Kaleb and I's future with the same church family that has supported me my entire life! 

April, I began my job at Moji a bang salon, I celebrated my Mom's 40th birthday, and I experienced an amazing photo shoot that would later be the most perfect gift for my future husband. 


May, was a busy one! With only a month until the wedding I felt like I was losing my mind most of the time. But on May 24 we spent the day laughing, loving, and celebrating. As my best friend, and maid of honor hosted the most amazing bridal shower. 

June, We said I Do! 


July, we participated in the Victory Over Paralysis walk a thon. We enjoyed many visits from the bestie, and my amazing family. 

August, we watched two amazing friends say I do! Congratulations again Mr. And Mrs. Dugan! My amazing husband also wrapped up his journey with the NRN, neuro recovery network, after 200 sessions! 

September, we disneymooned! We experienced the most magical trip together in the happiest place on earth! 

October, Kaleb was able to experience one of my most favorite events, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. That very same trip we took a little visit to off Broadway and saw wicked! 

November, we celebrated thanksgiving with the Kaleb's amazing family, and my first holiday with the Wilson's as a Wilson. 

December, was enchanting! We went home and celebrated Christmas with my family, which was perfect. But even more than that we celebrated our first Christmas has husband and wife. My sweet brother in law proposed to his sweet girlfriend, and her precious daughter.



Thank you 2014 for being so very memorable, wonderful, and perfect! 

Cheers to 2015! 

Comments

  1. Looks like you guys had a truly amazing yea, full of blesings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 2014 looked like so much fun! <3 The wedding photos are absolutely beautiful! :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Family Tradition

"Traditions are behaviors and actions that you engage in again and again – regular rituals that you perform at the same time and/or in the same way. Traditions can be big or small, but they differ from routines and habits in that they are done with a specific  purpose  in mind and require  thought  and  intentionality . Meg Cox, the author of  The Book of New Family Traditions , defines family ritual as “any activity you purposefully repeat together as a family that includes  heightened attentiveness  and  something extra that lifts it above the ordinary ruts .” Traditions, when done right, lend a certain magic, spirit, and texture to our everyday lives." Brett and Kate McKay As we approach the wonderful holiday season my heart begins to journey  back to childhood memories and the family traditions that make those memories so perfect. I come from a large family filled with lots of cousins, tons of laughter, and of course many tradit...

March 30th

The last two months of our lives have been a complete whirlwind of emotion, stress, and utter joy!  On March 19th we were able to endure our first IUI, where I laid very similar to Phoebe in Friend's and prayed with my husband that this would be our first and last IUI. We went in with hopeful heart's and praying minds, and knew the lord had a plan. The following weekend we went on vacation to San Diego where I unfortunately began  to believe that our IUI had not worked, and that we were not pregnant. I experienced cramps, was grumpy to my poor family, and walked around feeling like Shamu on the beach. So obviously I wasn't pregnant, right... Fast forward to March 30th, two days before I was technically supposed to test. It was a Wednesday night, a Wednesday night where I  obsessively thought about nothing else but that I wasn't pregnant. I did what any mildly obsessed woman going though infertily treatments would do, and tested. I jumped in the bath and pretended th...

Remembering November

Well, hello there November, and yes I am aware that it is November 3rd and well I should have written this three days ago, but anyway  November has always been one of my absolute favorite months, for well the obvious, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, and MY BIRTHDAY! Which is in two days, I'm like V for Vendetta REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER. All of these awesome things are reasons to absolutely adore November, however two years ago November also developed a very different feeling.  November 10th will mark the two year anniversary since Kaleb's accident. And though I will always love November I now have a heavy heart as we fast approach that day. It is as though every birthday will in some odd way be a reminder of my 21st which is what I was celebrating when I received the phone call that forever changed our lives. Every Thanksgiving as joyous and wonderful as it will be will also remind me of the saddes...